Moving to Mississippi and choosing the perfect home can be at the same time exciting and overwhelming. Being a fairly large state with several major cities, there are many rental options available, including houses, condos, duplexes, and townhomes.
We have a wide array of rentals for you to choose from, so no matter what type of home are looking for, we are sure to have something you will love.
Finding the Perfect Locale
Gulfport, Mississippi has beautiful beaches on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, offering a relaxing sandy retreat without having to leave the state. Vicksburg is a major attraction for history buffs, especially those interested in the Civil War. It has a beautiful National History Park amid rolling hills along the Mississippi River.
For those more interested in a thriving nightlife, Jackson is the place to be. The largest city in the state as well as the state capital, it has a great creative arts vibe, a delectable choice of restaurants, and a very friendly atmosphere. If a quieter, country life is your thing, there is plenty of that to go around as well, as Mississippi has ample rural areas.
Economy and Demographics
Mississippi's economy is primarily agricultural, mainly dependent upon cotton farming. Manufacturing also contributes considerably to the state revenue. The demographics of the state are predominantly Caucasian and African-American.
1. The first lung and heart transplants were performed in the state of Mississippi
2. The world’s only cactus plantation as well as the largest cottonwood plantation and the largest pecan nursery are all located in Mississippi.
3. Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi.
4. Root beer was invented in Biloxi, Mississippi by Edward Barq, Sr.
Are You an Informed Renter?
It is recommended that you review the tenant rights and laws for Mississippi before renting. Knowing these can make for a much better experience with renting and happy renter/landlord relationships. They are available online at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/mississippi/renting/tenantrights.
Useful Resources for Renters
1. Mississippi has a few different types of public transportation systems available. If this is something that will be useful to you, more information can be found by visiting http://www.apta.com/resources/links/unitedstates/Pages/MississippiTransitLinks.aspx
2. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety has information regarding automobile registration and licensing on their site at http://www.dps.state.ms.us/.
3. To become a registered voter in the state of Mississippi, visit http://www.sos.ms.gov/elections_voter_info_center.aspx.
4. Tax information for the state can be reviewed at http://www.dor.ms.gov/
5. Mississippi borders the Gulf of Mexico in the south, making it susceptible to hurricanes. For information on being prepared for hurricanes and other natural disasters, visit http://www.msema.org/be-prepared/
Simplify the Process
Although relocating to Mississippi can give you an entire list of things to stress over, finding the perfect home doesn't have to be one of them. Let us provide you with a comprehensive list of condos, duplexes and other types of houses for rent in Mississippi. We can make that part of the move less stressful, leaving you the energy to be excited about your new chapter of life.